Handy tips before you apply
Are you looking for a career in an attractive and exciting company where you can make a difference every day? Fantastic! We look forward to receiving your application. To make it easier for you, here are a few things to think about.
1. Do your research
It’s important that you do your research and are well prepared when applying for a position. At hm.com, you can read all about us and under FAQ, you’ll find the answers to the most common questions about a career at H&M.
2. Your application
- Always read the ad carefully to make sure you match the requirements.
- Have a look at your CV and personal letter, adapt it to the position you are applying for if necessary.
- Explain why you’re applying for the position.
- Make sure you emphasize why you’re a great fit for the position.
- Don’t make your personal letter too long. One page is sufficient.
3. What happens next?
- When we receive your application we will send you an e-mail confirmation.
- We will have a look at your application and you can expect to hear from us within approximately 2 weeks.
- Our recruiters will get back to you via e-mail or telephone.
- If you want to update your CV, or if you want to apply for another position at H&M, simply make the necessary changes in your existing profile. The username and the password will remain the same.
4. The interview
- Make sure you are well prepared for your interview with us. You will find a lot of useful information here on our career pages.
- Prepare answers for questions like: Why should we hire you? Why would you like to work for H&M? How do you see your future with us?
- Relax, be yourself and be honest. Look at the interview as an adventure where you will learn new things about yourself and about H&M.
- Everyone has weaknesses – don’t be afraid to acknowledge yours! In what areas do you need to improve and develop?
- What to wear? Dress your personality and let the fun of fashion guide you – nobody is expecting a three-piece suit!