Data Scientist - AI, Analytics & Data
- Stockholm County
Are you a Data Scientist that wants to work with one of the fashion industries biggest data sets and use cutting edge technology to make an impact on a global scale? If the answer is yes, then this is the opportunity for you!
What you will do as a Data Scientist
We are on a journey together to discover the future of the fashion industry. Business Tech is our vehicle, a new modern agile product organization within the larger H&M group. We are a team of small teams (5-10 people) each owning a product end-to-end with a mission to meet and exceed our customer expectations.
Do what you are most passionate about and drive change together with us! The job of a Data Scientist within the H&M group comes with a lot of responsibility – and lots of fun. In your role you will work in collaboration with our business and engineering people both within your team and supporting teams, on creating value from data. Often the work requires solving complex problems by turning vast amounts of data into business insights through advanced analytics, modeling and machine learning.
To be able to succeed in this role, we believe you have a strong foundation in analytics, mathematical modeling, computer science, and math - coupled with a strong business sense. You proactively fetch information from various sources and analyze it for better understanding about how the business performs. Furthermore, you model and build AI tools that automate certain processes within the company. The solutions produced will be implemented to impact business results in a global scale.
Furthermore, you will:
- Pairing with Machine Learning Engineers and Software developers, develop machine learning software product including but not limited to exploring large data sets, trying out new algorithms, feature engineering, testing and evaluating model outputs, deploying the solutions for production usage and scale out to the comprehensive fashion network of H&M
- Develop an understanding of business obstacles, create solutions based on advanced analytics and draw implications for model development
- Combine, explore and draw insights from data. Often large and complex data assets from different parts of the business.
- Develop tools and framework to address common needs in machine learning project like model traceability, feature reuse, A/B testing, etc.
- Work in cross-functional agile team of highly skilled engineers, data scientists, business stakeholders to build the AI ecosystem within H&M
Your mindset & skills
Our journey will lead to something new and exciting - we will test, fail and learn. You are an important player in this transformation; therefore, we believe you are flexible, stress-resistant and able to work in an environment that is not yet formalized.
Who you are:
- Have a degree within applied mathematics, statistics, physics or engineering or similar field (e.g. machine learning) and a strong will to continuously develop your skillset
- Are a hands-on person and a problem solver, you thrive in solving practical business problems with data and machine learning models
- You have the ability to understand business requirements and generate insights and you have strong communication skills, orally and in writing
- Have 2+ years working experience in data science
- Are able to independently implement algorithms and models to production with at least one programming language with support from our machine learning engineers.
- Have experience in agile environment, team collaboration, data-driven development, reliable and responsible experimentation
In addition we appreciate:
- Experience in working with production level machine learning system
- Experience in working optimization problems and knowledge of optimization libraries and solvers
- Experience in Spark and distributed computing
What we can offer
At H&M we have a strong, value-driven culture characterized by believing in people, teamwork and an entrepreneurial spirit. Here you can be yourself and have room to grow. You’ll be part of an important project at H&M with significant opportunities to influence and make a difference. With the right mindset and ambition, you’ll find plenty of room to grow. We welcome your application regardless of gender, age, gender expressions, sexual orientation, disabilities, religious beliefs, origin or background.
Do you think we are a match? We hope so!
This is a fulltime position with placement in Stockholm. Please apply with CV and Cover Letter (in English) as soon as possible but at the latest the 27th of September 2020. We review applications on an ongoing basis. Due to GDPR, we don’t accept applications via email.
We love code! If you have contributed to Github project(s), also send those to us together with the CV. We are more than happy to take a look!
For questions about the position, please contact Talent Acquisitions Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
The H&M group is on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviors are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech will deliver technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.
In Business Tech, we will continuously surprise and delight our customers and accelerate our business - by releasing the power of people, data and technology. We explore new ways of working, have a customer focused mindset, embrace our strong values and release the power of our people to innovate and develop products that make a meaningful impact to customers all over the world