We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the H&M HR Team as HR Generalist. This is a full time role based in Sydney, Australia.
What makes H&M so special?
As one of the world’s largest fashion retailers, H&M offers endless career opportunities. A fast-paced, buzzing environment with great diversity – a place where the customer is always the centre of attention.
But what truly makes us stand out are our remarkable employees. From stylish Sales Advisors and Visual Merchandisers to computer whizzes and business aware planners – all of our team members share a great ambition and an anything-is-possible attitude. Not to mention an excellent eye for fashion. It is thanks to them that we have grown – with over 4900 stores in 75 markets worldwide.
H&M Australia has its support office in Sydney, covering 36 H&M stores as well as 9 stores in NZ (New Zealand). A year ago, we launched online www.hm.com/au along with our fantastic loyalty program. We are on an exciting journey and would be happy to welcome the right candidate to our team!
We take pride in our history of making fashion accessible, and strive to build a more welcoming, inclusive, and sustainable industry. But we also know that you can't change the world without great people and great teams.
At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference.
Help us reimagine the future of an entire industry, making everyone look, feel and do good.
Be yourself & more at H&M!
As HR Generalist you hold a dual role of administration of store team members’ ER documentation, workers compensation claims and general adhoc coordination, alongside ownership of implementing and driving team member benefits, executing a strong KPI and data reporting experience utilising the Power BI tool and supporting with people engagement activities and projects.
You will deliver customer service focused HR support to all stakeholders.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build a strong Benefits framework with benefits that appeal to and represent our team members
- Communicate the benefits in an inspiring way
- Work alongside HR Projects Managers to develop the brand of H&M as an employer of choice
- Establish positive and productive working relationships with business partners, both internal and external
- Stay up to date within the external area of HR in terms of trends, forecasts and innovation
- ER administration, drafting warning and termination letters, parental leave letters, supporting with disciplinary invites, employment verifications
- Management of workers compensation claims alongside Area HR Managers and facilitating safe return to work routines
- Ensure consistent and clear communication to all stores and support the development of all managers to ensure smooth processing (e.g. Workforce, pay cycles and internal processes)
- Ensure understanding of the terms of the H&M Enterprise Agreement 2019 in order to support Area HR in the application of these processes
- Understanding of company HR policies in order to action the appropriate steps.
- Monitor rostering compliance across the store organization and report variances to key stakeholders
Metric and Data Analysis
- Provide comprehensive HR metrics on a regular basis to drive business discussions and support talent reviews
- Respond to ad hoc data requests from stakeholders to provide data to support their team’s KPI’s
Supporting HR Project Managers in executing their strategic goals including but not limited to; Learning and Development activities, Talent/Recruitment, Employee Relations and Inclusion and Diversity
- 3-4 years’ HR experience - HR professional or centralised support administration role
- Relevant HR qualifications
- Good IT skills (word, excel, power-point, outlook)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Data Analytics, Power BI experience
- Naturally curious nature and confidence to challenge current practices to instigate positive change
- Team Focused and Customer Centric- understanding that the stores are our customer and our number one focus
Kent Street 414
This is a full-time position based in Sydney, Australia.
Applicants must have unrestricted working rights in Australia.
- Centrally located modern office with ergonomic work stations for all team members.
- Encourages work life balance with flexible working arrangement
- Generous staff discount at H&M and globally across other H&M Group brands
- Enjoy your birthday with an extra day of leave
- Discounts to over 400 fitness studios across Australia
- Up to 26 weeks paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Opportunity for personal development and career growth
Be yourself here & empower others to be themselves everywhere. Partnering with the business, you’ll be fostering an inclusive culture, where every colleague feels welcome, valued, and empowered to grow, in their career and as individuals, to reach their full potential.